Saturday, April 2, 2011

ISSUE NO 6: Poem: By Then

By then...
I can not love you, not here not now,
Not in a million ever lasting years.
Maybe if I came across you ten years ago
Then we will meet again in the other ten after.
Maybe they will catch the ghost of our cries and laughter,
And air will carry the scent of where we sat,
Where rain would wash away all the pain,
And miles around them will say that
I am quiet my self again.
I can not think of the right time to say
Either too late or too soon
Not until suns fade away
And shadows cover the moon,
Till months burn their wings
Flying toward the time of eternity
And the life circle whirls
To retain my youth and dignity
When the roses you gave to me
Gently lose their thorns
And all the things we wanted to be
Obtained the minute we are born
When seas evaporate and skies collapse
And this world heals from its state of relapse
Still, there's no more evil so death loses its worth
And no more of anything... not even birth
Till ages pass by as if they were minutes
And all the moments are déjà vu
Till life repeats itself as a sonnet
Only the time I'm with you
Till all the world only to begin
Maybe I will love you by then.
Written by:
Aseel K. Mahmood

No comments:

Post a Comment