Friday, August 20, 2010

iSSUE NO 5: AN INTERVIEW WITH Asst. Prof. UROOBA SAMI

AN INTERVIEW WITH
Assistant Professor
Urooba Sami

- Who is Assistant Professor Urooba Sami as an academic, and as a mother?

- I am Assistant Professor Urooba Sami, I have got the degree of being an Assistant Professor seven years ago, I taught literature in AL-Mustansriyah University since having my post-graduate degree, and also I participate in several academic conferences in the college of Arts, besides being a supervisor and expert for many academic thesis, and moreover I am a member of many committees for thesis discussions. I am a mother for three children: two boys and a girl, I am really considering my students and dealing with them as my true children.


- Why do you prefer literature, in other words, why did you choose to be a literature professor?
- Since my early childhood, I used to read Arabic literary works for Gibran Khalil Gibran, Taha Hussein, and Al-Akkad. So, literature opens my mental horizon and widens my interests in reading books, and gaining sublime knowledge. During my life, I realize that really literature is a dynamic element in formulating my personality.


- Who is the best playwright in your view point?
- In fact, there are so many playwrights, but my favourite one is Samuel Beckett and his beautiful play Waiting for Godot, he is the founder of the Absurd Theater.


- What are the most immortal works of Shakespeare?
- All Shakespearian works are immortal.


- What is your favourite T.V. channel?
- My favourite T.V. channel is MBC4.


- Do you have a certain hobby?
- Reading researches and going to health canters.


- What is your impression towards the Hamlet Play that was performed by an elite of Translation students in the Faculty of Arts, especially an hour before the show?
- I was convinced that the play will be a real achievement and a genuine success.


- What is your advice for the student, who acted in the Play?
- My dear students, you have achieved something great. So, look forward to be great in your future.


- Who supported you to be Urooba Sami?
- My gratitude is to my parents.

- Anything you would like to add?
- Thank you, to all my students who participated in acting Hamlet. Be as successful as Shakespeare's works.


INTERVIEWED BY: 
IBRAHIM AL-BAYATI

No comments:

Post a Comment