Thursday, December 31, 2009

Issue No. 1

December 31,2009
EDITORIAL
TRANSMAG: The Translation Students’ Magazine, as simple as it is, is actually a very important project, whether to the staff that works on it (who are, naturally, some of our best students) or to the Translation Department as a whole. A project that started exactly one year ago when I was approached, by Dr. Sadiq, with the idea of having a wallpaper to display the activities of students. An Idea that was originally suggested by a brilliant student of ours, namely Hala. I was thrilled by the idea and swiftly agreed to supervise the wallpaper that came to be known as TRANSMAG. The reason for my excitement was that I always wanted to do such a thing since I was an undergraduate student at the Translation Department (or TD as the TRANSMAG staff likes to call it) but never had the chance. Another reason was that this would give me a further opportunity to uncover the potentials of our students and, eventually, nurture them. Little did I know that the first wallpaper issue of TRANSMAG, that hung proudly on the tailor-made glass board, will attract such talented students - mostly unknown to me then - who came to me and asked to, not join.. but, reinvent the newborn wallpaper. Since then the staff has grown, and with it TRANSMAG also did.
Here we are now. This is the first issue of the hand-held printed version of TRANSMAG; A magazine that hopes to represent not only the students but the whole Department. I might be the “general supervisor”, but the editors of TRANSMAG are the real deal, and it is a real pleasure to work along with them. They put so much heart and spirit in their work, which makes supervising them a real treat.

Peace and love to all..
(1) Dia Sulaibi

No comments:

Post a Comment