Friday, July 30, 2010

ISSUE NO 5: HE AIN'T HEAVY, HE'S MY BROTHER

He ain't heavy, he's my brother
By The Hollies

I dedicate this song to my own brothers whom I love to death and would sacrifice my own soul to save theirs.

The road is long                                                 
With many a winding turn   
                                                                        
That leads us to who knows where,
Who knows when

But I'm strong,

Strong enough to carry him.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother
  

So on we go.
His welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bear,

We'll get there.

For I know

He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

If I'm laden at all,

I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart

Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another.

It's a long, long road
                                                                             
From which there is no return.

While we're on the way to there,

Why not share?

And the load
    
Doesn't weigh me down at all.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

He's my brother…
             

طريقنا طويل
وملئ بالمخاطر                                                                        
 يمضي بنا إلى مجهول لا نعلمه                                                
ولا نعلم زمانه                                                                                      
لكنني قوي  
قوي بما فيه الكفاية لأسانده واحمل عنه همومه                                                     
ليس عبئا بل انه أخي                                                            
وهكذا نمضي
جل ما أتمناه سعادته  
ليس عبئا يثقل كاهلي                                                 
 وسنكمل الدرب معا                                                                                      
لأنني على يقين                                                                                                  
انه لن يعرقل خطاي                                                                  
ليس عبئا انه أخي                                                                 
وان كنت مثقلا بشي على الإطلاق                                                                                       
فأنني مثقلا بالأحزان                                                                                  
ولكون قلوب الآخرين                                                                                    
قد  هجرتها سعادة
حب واحدها للأخر
إن دربنا لطويل جدا                                                                              
درب لا رجعه فيه                                                                
ومادمنا نقطع الطريق نفسه                                                      
لم لانقطعه معا                                                                                    
وما أواجه من صعاب                                                                                       
لن تكبل خطاي
ليس عبئا انه أخي
أخي                                                                                             
Translated by:
Israa A. Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment