Saturday, July 31, 2010

ISSUE NO 5: AN INTERVIEW WITH HUSSAIN JA'AFAR HADI

An Interview with 
HUSSAIN JA'AFAR HADI
(Translation Student and Captain of the Iraqi National Billiards and Snooker Team)

Q: Who is Hussain Ja’afar Hadi?
I’m Hussain Ja’afar Hadi born in Baghdad in 1986; a 3rd year student , at the Department of Translation in the Faculty of Arts. I am the captain of the Iraqi National Team for Billiards and Snooker.

Q: How was your beginning in that game? And when did you join the National Team?
I was fond of this game strongly, for finding a game which I can prove my ability in. Moreover, this passion made me a professional player.
The managers asked me to submit a test which was prepared to form new players in the National Team after my winning the title of Baghdad championship in 2004.
Then, I joined the National Team in the same year in which I won the title of that championship and I passed that test too.

Q: How do you balance your performance in that game and class activities?
Although it is hard, I try to be diligent in both of these two fields. Furthermore, these fields make me spend a whole day in trainings and study.

Q: In your opinion, how did you find the Department of Translation when you joined in that field?
The Department of Translation is very useful for us, because it teaches us English and its counterpart; our mother tongue (Arabic).  I feel I am lucky because I’m one of the students at this department.
Q: Describe your feeling when you participated in the play of “Hamlet”?
That play gave me a wonderful feeling to be among a group of my department’s colleagues. We exerted our efforts in a dramatic work which received approval by all who watched it.

Q: What are your local, regional and continental achievements?
Locally: I won the Iraqi championship for three times 2005, 2006 and 2008, as well as the second place in other years of the same championship.
Regionally: 1:- We won the Bronze medal in the Arab championship for billiards which was held in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2006.
2:-We won the Bronze medal in the Arab championship for snooker which was held in Egypt in 2009.
3:-We won the Bronze medal in the Arab championship for billiards which was held in Syria in early 2010.
Continentally: We managed to reach the third round among 128 players in the Asian games which were held in Vietnam in 2009.

Q: How did you become a captain of our team?
I became a captain for various reasons. For being an old player; since 2004.For my adherence to the trainings, and I also achieved good results; therefore the head of the association of our game and our coach trusted me to be a captain.

Q: What are your ambitions in future?
My ambitions are to represent my country well in the next international assemblies such as: World championship in Qatar, Arab championship for Snooker in Bahrain as well as Arab championship for Billiards in Morocco. As for our field, I wish to exert the greatest efforts to pass the final exams of this academic year successfully.
I wish to  

Q: Any words you would like to say in the end of the interview?
Achieve the best implementations in order to raise the name of Iraq high in the international assemblies.

Interviwed by  
Mushriq Amjad

No comments:

Post a Comment