Saturday, October 8, 2011

ISSUE NO. 7: An Interview With Assistant Instructor Dunia Khalil

An Interview With 
Assistant Instructor 
Dunia Khalil

1 - Who is Assistant Instructor Dunia?
*I am Dunia Khalil Esma'el , I finished my study in high school (literary branch) then I had my B.A and M.A from the Dept. of Translation and now I am a teacher in the same department.

2 – Did you choose to be in this department?
*Yes, I like it. In high school, I got high marks that entitled me to higher colleges, but I preferred this department in the College of Arts.

3 - Do you like your job as a teacher?
*Well, I wanted to work as an interpreter. But because of social and security circumstances, I entered the domain of teaching.

4 - Which subjects, in your opinion, are more difficult, translation or theoretical subjects?
*For our students, I think, theoretical subjects are more difficult.

5 - We always see Assistant Lecturer Dunia as a teacher of translation subjects. So, why you are far from theoretical subjects?
*I find myself in translation subjects, and simultaneous interpretation is my favorite subject to teach.

6 - For years now, you have been teaching sight translation, how do you deal with the students, especially that is their first year practicing oral translation?
*Oral translation is difficult for students, because they face the teacher, the text and the exam without a dictionary or other resources. But, as you know, I try to follow a step-by-step method and help the students with the vocabulary and grammatical structure.

7 - How do you treat your students?
*As grown-ups and adopt a mutual respect attitude.

8 - How did you build your language?
*I self-built my language; I practiced a lot and supported that with studying in the Dept. of Translation.

9 - Tell us about your life, what are your hobbies?
*Sewing.

10 - What about T.V?
*I like T.V, I watch English-speaking movies and series’, they give me a clue about the western culture, and they are very good and really entertaining.

"Thank you madam for your time
it was really an interesting interview"
Interviewed by Saleem Butti

No comments:

Post a Comment