Saturday, October 8, 2011

ISSUE NO. 7: Mother's Day

Mother's Day

“Mom” is the first word most of us utter, the first face we ever remember, the first reason we smile, and the first and only reason that we survive every day.
I wanted to speak about motherhood but there is nothing really to say that can ever come close to be compared to all that she has done since the day you were born. Imagine a sacred vow where a woman is unconditionally willing to give her life ,her health and her being to carry you for nine draining months and to take care of you afterwards till the day you or she is gone for good. 

Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world. It makes one wonder why would anyone like to do that but motherhood is bigger than all the perceptions, expectations, and self considerations, beyond all ability, desire, patience and dignity. It's that unending bottomless kindness, care, love and nurture that teach us how to live how to survive teaches us everything we need to know or even don't need to know, giving you that fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible, an angel that stays all the way to protect you from everything, to fix everything from a scratched knee to a broken heart, to guard you with her own life and above all no matter what must guarantee that everything is alright for
you.

After contemplating all that combined in one wonderful creature so dedicated, so beautiful, strong and powerful how miraculously all that is in one woman, one human being.... as a matter of fact one angel from the sky.
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolute that changes your life forever, being a mother is the hardest job in the world. Being a full-time mother is a also a life time job and one of the highest-salaried jobs in the field, since the payment is pure love. Motherhood is neither a duty nor a privilege, but simply the way that humanity can satisfy the desire for physical immortality and triumph over the fear of death.
You are probably thinking that this is all about mother's day but it's not. It's not enough to honor them by just one day. I would spend the rest of my life trying to thank her.

When I was 1 year old she taught me how to walk and I tripped and cried.
When I was 3 she taught me how to eat and I spilled the food.
When I was 5 she taught me how to write and I drew over the walls.
When I was 7 she taught me how to dress and I brought it back home dirty.
When I was 9 she taught me how to behave but I yelled at her.
Oh she kept on teaching me a lot of things, There were times when I got angry,
times when I thought she was being too intrusive and those times when I asked her
to let me be.. Despite all of that the heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. But, there came the time when I realized what I have been missing and how many thanks she owed me so far.

If you never had the chance to say thank you then seize the day. There was
never a great man who had not a great mother. All of us have moms; alive or in heaven.. may they all be blessed!
Written by Aseel K. Mahmood

No comments:

Post a Comment