· Apple is made of 25% air; that is why they float.
· Avocado has the highest protein and oil content of all fruits, but most of this is the healthier unsaturated type.
· Cabbage is 91% water.
· Carrots were originally purple in colour, changing in the 17th century to orange with newer varieties.
· Celery requires more calories to eat and digest than it contains.
· Cherries are a member of the rose family.
· Corn always has an even number of ears.
· Corn makes up about 8% of the weight in a box of corn flakes.
· Eggplants are actually fruits, and classified botanically as berries.
· Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
· Orange does not rhyme with any other word.
· Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
· Pear is a fruit that ripens from the inside out.
· Strawberries are the only fruit which has its seeds on its outer skin.
Saleem D. Butti