Friday, May 7, 2010

ISSUE NO 4: ALL THE WORLD’S A STAGE

ALL THE WORLD’S A STAGE

One day, I was going to my college as usual and suddenly I was stopped by a person saying "Excuse me please, I am the producer of Life's program at the World's channel and we are preparing this show about the most significant sayings of Shakespeare, so if you don't mind I’d like to start with you.”



I welcomed the idea, so he asked me, "One of the most beautiful sayings of Shakespeare is ‘All the world's stage, and all men and women merely players.’ So, do you agree with that? Why? And do you think that people’s ability to play on life's stage will end one day?" I answered him by welcoming the channel and the saying “of course I agree with Shakespeare because life is really a stage; you climb it from the first moment your eyes see the light. But, at first you could not play on that stage because you don't know how to walk, speak or realize any thing. You are just like a viewer with no opinion, but step by step you will grow up and you will gain the tools which enables you to play. Then, you will learn the rules of playing on this stage, you will also understand the way that leads you to win or lose and you must choose. Your ability will never end even when you will be an elder and lose the tools and qualities you first gained when you were a young man because you finished a role in this game and now you have another role with its own tools and qualities. Your role at that time will be an adviser, a grandfather, a master for others and may be a creator of new rules for the playing on that stage.

"He smiled asking me "And after death, he would also still have the ability to continue playing?" I said "The full power of his ability would appear just in that time, because you will see the fruits of all his life’s work and how many of them are still alive." He was surprised by my answers and said "Many thanks to you; you are really a wise young lady."

So, ask yourself the same question and see what your answers would be?

Written by:
Raghad H. Iskandar

No comments:

Post a Comment