Friday, May 7, 2010

ISSUE NO 4: AN INTERVIEW WITH Dr. MEHDI F. AL-GHAZALLI

AN INTERVIEW WITH
Dr. MEHDI F. AL-GHAZALLI
- Who is Dr. MEHDI?
- I am Dr. MEHDI F. AL-GHAZALLI, born in Dayala in 1968.

- What is your wish in life?
- I hope to gain more knowledge in linguistics, translation and religion.

- Who urged you to be "Dr. MEHDI"?
- No one, but I have been always Knowledge-seeker and Allah has granted me this willingness to take the path of knowledge.

- Who is your model in life?
- Our prophet, Mohammed (peace be with him), his household and companions.

- What is your advice for the Translation Department students?
- I advise translation students to be very greedy in gaining knowledge about their field and listen to the BBC channel to improve their listening abilities.

- What are your recommendations for the TRANSMAG staff?
- I recommend the TRANSMAG staff to work harder to bring it to a better form.

- Could you tell us your impression towards those students who stand against uniform?
- Advanced Universities approve the uniform to make students distinguished from other sectors of society. My impression concerning those who violate regulations including the uniform is that they do don’t respect systems and I advice them to reconsider their viewpoints.

- How do you spend your leisure time?
- I spend most of my time reading, and then watch TV.

- When and where did you get your degrees?
- I got my degrees as follows:
* B.A in 1995 Baghdad university.
* M.A in 1997 Baghdad University \ in linguistics.
* PhD in 2006 Al-Mustansiryah University \ in linguistics and translation.

- What are your favourite team and favourite player?
- Al-Zawra'a club,and my favourite player is Falah Hassan.

- Anything you would like to say?
- I hope success to TRANSMAG and its staff.

Interviewed by: Ibrahim Al-Bayati

1 comment: